HAPPY NEW PROMOLUTIONS
For the 20th Straight Year, Here are your "Yearly New Promolutions" try to keep some of them, they are so applicable in these times.
1. I will not spend a penny on "Radio", because I realize I am not seeing any viable results from my weekly expenditure. Nobody is coming in from the spots. I have tried radio, and I now must make this "Promolution" to stop wasting my money.
2. I will not advertise in "Print Publications", I should know by now, that the majority of my potential customers read their favorite newspaper or magazine online. Why am I taking an ad out in their print edition? I will now make this Promolution, not to spend any more of my money on print ads.
3. I will not engage in a "Price War", by giving my bar away, offering free beer, giving ladies free drinks, when all I am doing is driving up my liquor costs, not making any money, accomplishing nothing by total negativity. If all the bars in my area want to give their liquor and beer away, let them, I will now make this Promolution not to give away my bar by begging patrons with cheap or free drinks/beer to come in.
4. I will not tolerate rude, tardy, using their cell phones, sneaking out to smoke, while they have customers, employees anymore. I will now make this Promolution to give each employee two warnings and then let them go.
5. I will not simply allow anyone in my bar, club, sports bar, lounge, that looks like a total slob and troublemaker. I know, I need to do business, but what I don't need is "THE F WORD" thrown around so every other customer can hear it, then use it, thus creating the worse possible type of customer demographics that will give my place a horrible reputation.
I will now make this Promolution to institute civility in my establishment, from dress code to cursing.
6. I will not allow my exterior or interior to look beaten, worn, outdated, and unappealing. I will maintain a Quality Appearance both inside and outside my establishment. I will now make this Promolution to immediately address any visible repairs as well as those I cannot see but know exist.
7. I will stop thinking in the past and start embracing 2013 with the technology, the culture, the entertainment that now has replaced karaoke, darts, trivia and formats from the past. I will now make this Promolution to implement a new, exciting format, rather than the predictable that I have for so many years.
8. I will stop hiring employees without checking references, background and lifestyles that are detrimental to my establishment. I cannot keep going through staff, one right after the other, because, I use CraigsList instead of actually going on and observing excellent, consistent staff, that I should be luring away from other places. I will now make this Promolution to find quality staff and not hire anyone.
9. I will institute a far better liquor inventory system, without having to pay a company to measure my bottles. That is an expense I do not need. I will not allow the throwing away of any wine, or liquor bottles any longer, nor will anyone have access to my liquor room but one person per night.
I will now make this Promolution to greatly improve my liquor control and access to my liquor room.
10. I will not curse in my establishment and show such a low regard for myself, my staff or my customers any longer. I will temper my remarks and think before I speak, why should I use foul language to express a comment or respond to anyone, when it is a direct reflection on my character, my personality and myself? I will make this Promolution to stop cursing, because there is no justification or need to sound like a person with no self respect.
THESE TEN PROMOLUTIONS ARE THE KEYS TO YOUR SUCCESS IN 2013
IT'S TIME YOU MADE THESE TEN PROMOLUTIONS, SO THAT YOU THRIVE INSTEAD OF DIVE THIS NEW YEAR. JUST BECAUSE YOU DO IT YOUR WAY AND BREAK EVEN, WHY NOT DO IT MY WAY AND MAKE SERIOUS CASH? Email RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com
MY RESPONSE: Jon, You are in a World of challenges that are coming at you, faster than you can transform them. First, you need not just an "Honest" Manager, but a knowledgeable, experienced and hands on Manager who can lead this club out of the abyss and into the "FOUR FINANCIAL POWER NIGHTS".
I refer to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays, when Monday is a legal holiday.
You need to stop, review and then ACT on each change by weighing it's merits as opposed to it's disadvantages.Take a legal yellow pad, draw a line down the middle of the page. On one side list the POSITIVES of your proposed Actions and on the other side list the NEGATIVES.
Carefully review what you are about to do. Weigh your decision from both sides of the paper. There can be no struggle, only a defined purpose and result of your actions. You do not need club promoters, they have no regard, no respect, no reason to pack your club with quality patrons, only a reason to fill your club with anybody, just so they can keep the door revenue.
These days are OVAH.
There is nothing any club promoter thinks he or she can do, that you cannot do better.
The total focus is no what your Club can offer, feature, host that no other club in your area is doing. Every Bar/Club is giving away drinks/beer at cheap prices, that is not only financially insane, it is attracting the totally wrong element.
Take the opposite approach bring in patrons for what your doing.
I had a club in New Jersey, the establishment had 200 people every Wednesday Night and because of very cheap drinks, shots, beer, did just over a $1000.
I asked the Owner to take down all the cheap drinks, shots, beer signs. I asked him to remove all these specials from his Web Site and his Facebook page. I advised him to replace those specials, with "FUN" and "WOW" instead.
Within two weeks, with those very same 200 Patrons, he was doing over $2000 on Wednesday Nights, because.......................................People were coming in for his "ENERGY".
It took his breathe away. It was that easy. He was no longer reliant on bar begging.
He changed the entire dynamic of his format.
He attracted far more women.
Women do not want to be around a bunch of joe six packs, hitting on them all night. Because drinks, shots, beers are so cheap, guys are loaded and rude.
You as an
Owner can make more off serving less Top Shelf and Call
Brands, then you can off lots of well drinks. FACT. I
have proven it, over and over and over.
Good Afternoon Rich, I just took a new position as VP
of Marketing. My job is to oversee the promoters and
establish new scheduled events. I'm looking
for different perspectives with an open mind. Thank You,
MY RESPONSE: GARY, YOUR OPEN MIND IS TO NEVER EVER WORK WITH CLUB PROMOTERS FOR STARTERS. TITLES MEAN NOTHING, WHAT MATTERS ARE YOUR AUTHORITY, YOUR EXPERIENCE, YOUR KNOWLEDGE, YOUR INSIGHT, TO ACTUALLY PERFORM THE JOB YOU WERE GIVEN? WHY WOULD ANY COMPANY GIVE AN INDIVIDUAL A TITLE TO OVERSEE PROMOTERS, AND ESTABLISH NEW SCHEDULED EVENTS, WHO INSTEAD OF DOING JUST THAT, IS ASKING EXPERTS FOR DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES, AND YOUR GOING TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND ? I WOULD DISCHARGE EVERY SINGLE PROMOTER, AND CREATE YOUR OWN "FUN", "WOW FACTORS" AND "FAB" FROM TODAY'S CULTURE, MUSIC, FASHION, LIFE STYLES, AND TRENDS.
FOR EXAMPLE, PSY, AND "GANGNAM STYLE" PERFORMED FOR THE PRESIDENT, IT IS THE NUMBER 1 VIEWED VIDEO EVER IN THE HISTORY OF YOUTUBE AND ONE OF THE BIGGEST DOWNLOADS EVER AS WELL.
THE STRATEGIES BEHIND PACKING ESTABLISHMENTS COMBINE TIMING, PUBLICITY, STREET BUZZ, ONLINE EXCITEMENT, THUS DRAWING A STANDING ROOM, WALL TO WALL CROWD. YOU DO NOT NEED VARIOUS CLUB PROMOTERS, LET ALONE ONE.
INSTEAD OF LOOKING FOR DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES, THERE IS ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS, A CONSISTENT, RELENTLESS, TENACIOUS MINDSET. DON'T ASK FOR ADVICE, GET OUT THERE AND SEE WHAT NIGHT LIFE, PROMOTIONS, MARKETING, ARE ALL ABOUT FIRST HAND.
DON'T ASK PEOPLE ONLINE FOR INPUT. SEEK IT UPFRONT AND PERSONAL. OBSERVE, NOTE, THINK, CREATE. IT'S 2013, TIME TO THINK AHEAD, NOT LOOK BEHIND.
MAYBE THEY HEARD ME TELLING THEM FOR YEARS, FINALLY, "APPLEBEE'S" IS TRANSFORMING INTO A NIGHTCLUB LATER @ NIGHT
I have said for years, that casual dining chains and independents, such as bar and grilles, that have a bar, should become "Nite Life Adventures" later into the Night. "Applebee's" is "Game On" starting in Central Florida. Applebee's has quietly been experimenting with a late night bar/club scene. Now, this format has spread across the Country. "Applebee's" is not original nor rolling out fresh new "FUN", "WOW FACTORS" or "FAB", but rather, Karaoke, and Trivia Nights. While some have added a nightclub format, where patrons can gobble spinach and artichoke dip under the Day-Glo beauty of black lights. It's called "Re imagining" as a destination called "Bee's Late Night", where the Bahama Mama Cocktails flow, the lights strobe until 2am. The Nights are called "Club Applebee's" After 10pm.
80s and 90s genres of music create a dance party, during which the servers wear white and cover the restaurant's walls with white cloth. Do they offer Premier Promotions, Themes, Events, Parties, Concepts, Contests, Celebrations, Gatherings, Happenings and Unique Entertainment? NO/
They are taking baby steps and appealing to a much older demographic, that is usually not up at 2am. Will this work? Depends on who is overseeing this transformation from Corporate. They have to be extra careful checking IDs , they do not have the greatest reputation for this process. But at least, they took the shot, and all of a sudden, there is a new alternative to have a bite, a brew and a beat. If you want to steal whatever thunder they have, and you have a Bar and Grille, email RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com
LUNCH @ $5.99 ALL YOU CAN EAT IS A HUGE MONEY MAKER YUP!
I HAD A RESTAURANT OWNER, WITH A GOOD SIZE RESTAURANT, SEATS ABOUT 300 ASK ME FOR ADVICE TO BUILD HIS LUNCH BUSINESS.
I ADVISED HIM TO RUN WITH AN ITEM I PICKED OFF HIS MENU AT $5.99 ALL YOU CAN EAT, DURING LUNCH HOURS. OF COURSE, DOES NOT INCLUDE BEVERAGE, TIP, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS.
THE FIRST THURSDAY HE RAN THIS "LUNCHILICIOUS" PROMOTION, HE WAS PACKED, HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT HIS REVENUE WAS, UNTIL THE LUNCH SERVICE WAS OVER. HE WAS IN SHOCK, HE CALLED ME, TO TELL ME, HE HAD DONE OVER $4000 NOT INCLUDING BEVERAGES OR OTHER ITEMS ORDERED.HIS FOOD COSTS WERE NEXT TO NOTHING, BASED ON THE FOOD ITEM HE SERVED IN MY CREATED "LUNCHLICIOUS" ALL YOU CAN EAT FORMAT, THIS OWNER ASKED ME TO REVIEW HIS MENU FOR ANOTHER ITEM, THAT HE COULD FEATURE ON "LUNCHILICIOUS" ON TUESDAYS. WE AGREED ON AN ITEM, HE USED MY DIRECTION TO MARKET THE CONCEPT, WITHOUT SPENDING ANY MONEY ON RADIO, PRINT, OR OTHER COSTLY MARKETING. THE FIRST TUESDAY OF THE LAUNCH HE DID OVER $3000. NOW BOTH TUESDAY AND THURSDAY "LUNCHILICIOUS ALL YOU CAN EAT" ARE STAPLES IN HIS FORMAT. IN FACT, DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE, I SUGGESTED HE RAISE THE PRICE BY $1 TO ENHANCE HIS PROFIT STRUCTURE EVEN FURTHER. $6.99 IS THE NEXT STEP. THERE WILL NOT BE ONE OBJECTION, BECAUSE OF THE SMOOTH IMPLEMENTATION OF THE "LUNCHLICIOUS ALL YOU CAN EAT" FOOD CHOICE AND PRICE POINT. SO, WHILE YOU DEBATE IF YOUR GOING TO CONTINUE TO OPEN FOR LUNCH, YOU SHOULD HAVE CONTACTED ME TO ENERGIZE YOUR "LUNCHLICIOUS" HOURS WITH PACKED PATRONS, ENJOYING AN "ALL YOU CAN EAT" LUNCH AT A SUPER PRICE. Email RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com
DJ WARS IS ON IN VEGAS, HOTELS GOING CASH CRAZY TO BOOK BIG NAME SPINNERS @ ALMOST ANY PRICE & NOW ADDING DJ CONCERTS TOO!!!
Blow your mind Contracts, with even The MGM Grand planning it's own "ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC FEST". The budgets exceed $20million for the premier spinmeisters, over two years.
Angel Management along with the MGM Grand are preparing to produce their own live arena gigs for the SUPER SPINNERS of the Wheels of Steel.
I think the money is outrageous, it's pure greed. I see no way to even break even on these following ear in the air deals supposedly being made: Concerts featuring "Tiesto", "Steve Aoki", "Calvin Harris" with "Deadmau5".
"Deadmau5", will wish he was duplicated, as this two year deal calls for shows that include two a day at "Wet Republic" and "Hakasan", as well as in the MGM GRAND ARENA, for an incredible, $850,000.
"Tiesto" will pocket $250,000 a show. Vegas has gone spinning mad. The new Club "LIGHT" @ Mandalay Bay, will mix off it's 12 World Wide DJ Giants, in January, with movie Teaser Trailers in Major Markets, before Tarantino's new Flick, "DJANGO UNCHAINED" shows.
"LIGHT" is rumored to have already signed "Alesso", "Axwell", "Sebastian Ingrosso", "Nicky Romero" perhaps even 8 additional Kings on The Wheels Of Steel, for the "Cirque De Soleil" and Ibiza atmosphere club. "LIGHT" is expected to open in April. "Afrojack", "Skrillex", "Avicii", "David Guetta" will remain at their present Vegas Residency's. TAO GROUP has "KASKADE". Vegas has discovered it's not the Kardashian appearances, or the Carmen Elektra, Jenny McCarthy Fans that draw crowds, but the new powerful Performers are "THE SUPER DJS".I don't think any of this massive exposure by these Turntable Titian's will affect "Electric Daisy" at all.
In fact, it will only enhance the demand for tickets for this most excellent Festival.
But as for booking DJs of these Caliber out of Vegas, unless you have pockets deeper than Vegas, don't even make the call. There are plenty of UP and COMERS, who can hold their own against these Now Vegas Major EDM and BEYOND TALENTS.
How do you think, they got started? Five Years ago, only Oakenfold, Peters, Danny T, and a handful of others were making five figures a night. Now it has become a "MONEY IS NO OBJECT", and "THE SPINS ARE FREE" WAR in Vegas. It's not your Grandfather's or even your Father's Vegas anymore. It's all YOURS.
Email RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com on how to counter and pack your club, by enhancing your DJ with "FUN", "WOW FACTORS" and "FAB", because you will need all you can Host in 2013.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !
|Copyright Jan. 2013 Rich Unger|
[ Home ]
All Rights Reserved. For comments, questions, or suggestions about this site, contact the webmaster.