MAY 2015 - NIGHTCLUBS, CLUB PROMOTERS ARE THE WORSE !
A Club Owner contacts me, he invested in a club 1000 miles away from his home. His Partner relied strictly on various Club Promoters to bring in a Crowd.
Here's what happened:
1. The club holds almost 400 patrons. The Most people the various club promoters brought in were 40.
2. The Partner kept the same DJ from the previous Name, Reputation, and image of the prior Club.
3. The Partner never put up a web site.
4. The Partner let the different Club Promoters post the content on the club's Face Book Page, so it was a totally foul language, Female unfriendly, less than 300 friends, in a City of a Million.
5. The Partner let minors in, they were so desperate for anyone to come in.
6. The Partner paid almost $2000 for a radio remote, plus another $200 talent fee for the DJ, and less than 100 people showed up.
7. The Partner had thousands of Flyers printed and supposedly handed out. Who in 2015 uses Flyers to brand a club? Ever hear of "Social Media Maximum Marketing"? Apparently not.
8. The Partner put "Southern Wine & Spirits" in the well, since they are the Liquor Lords, with the best brands, there were no deals for the well.
The Partner should have went with "Republic National", who is hungry, and would have given the club 100% Support towards the Club's success.
9. The Partner dropped the dress code, so naturally, Men dress like slobs, because they can. Women don't come in, because of the quality of Male Patrons.
10. The Partner placed a big huge Man on the door, giving the worse first impression possible.
11. The Partner did nothing to highlight the VIP AREA, it was just a couch with stanchions around it.
12.The Partner refused to buy a Wireless Microphone for the various DJs, nor did he require they meet the Dress Code in their own appearance.
13. The Partner knew nothing of "Craft Beers", so the Club does not sell them.
14. The Partner had no clue about a "Drink Menu", so again, the Club doesn't offer one.
15. The Partner has spent the first year's cash reserves, thus forcing the other Partner to move to the State, the Club is located in.
16. The "Money Partner" is totally lost, out of their element.
17. The Club has the worse name possible, a negative reputation, and the few pictures posted on Face Book are of Males, as if they were at a football game viewing party. Not a single Female pictured.
18. The Financial Partner, while heavily invested, has no clue how to run a Nightclub. Why did he invest, because of the thought of the "ROI".
He got taken full advantage of. He let the Aurora of the Club Business blind his practical side of investing.
19. So now the Money Man Partner, is at the club, meeting with new club promoters. He is planning a "DRAFT NIGHT PARTY",a Sports Bar Promotion, that has no business being held at a dead end Nightclub. But the club promoter said he knows an NFL Player from the Team that is based out of the Club's City and he will have this Player show up.
Of course, the Player and his entourage will want an unlimited bar tab, create total havoc and this Money Man Partner will lose money, the club promoter will be paid for doing nothing, and the club once again suffers.
20. The Money Man Partner is going to bring in a Male Review, not one of The Top Touring Troupes that generates tens of thousands of dollars for a one night appearance, no of course not, just a local group of male dancers. Another disaster in the strip down.
21.The Club is now closed, except on Saturday Nights, The Money Man Partner is totally confused, lost and oblivious to how to operate a Club, the Social Media Marketing, The Presentation of Promotions, how to attract Women, the Quality of Patrons, the Cleanliness of the Club inside and out, the overall management of the Club. It is sadly going to close down.
IN THE LAST MONTH, OVER A DOZEN SO CALLED CLUB PROMOTERS HAVE CONTACTED ME SEEKING MY EXPERTISE, BECAUSE THEY ARE FAILING AT ATTRACTING PEOPLE ON THE NIGHTS THEY ARE SO CALLED PROMOTING.
THEY ADMIT, THEY HAVE LITTLE EXPERIENCE, VERY LITTLE MONEY, AND THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE A LOT EASIER THAN IT REALLY IS.
RICHIE'S TRICKS OF THE TRADE,ADAPT,APPLY, ABSOLUTELY! Making Changes is scary, but you must take The Leap for Success! DON'T STAY stagnant, don't as I always say,"REMAIN THE SAME". It's time to "INVIGORATE" your BAR, you have been stuck in a rut so long.
The MOMENT, The MOMENT you see the crowds start to ease up, the second you see the revenue go down slightly. That's when you take action.
Don't wait till your house is up for foreclosure.
Don't wait till you borrowed from your Family and Parents.
Don't wait till you let your bar or restaurant get so run down, nobody who works for you cares about the health issues, the cleanliness problems, the Customer !!!!
Don't wait for the 'IT'S ALMOST TOO LATE', CONDITION.
The second, you see a downward turn, email, RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com
Take Baseball, when a Manager sees his Pitcher, off the Strike Zone, he doesn't wait to see the other Team score again and again , he goes out to the mound, takes the ball, and brings in a new Fresh, Ready to Go Pitcher.
The Same application goes for your Bar, Club, Gentlemen's Club, Sports Bar, Bar & Grille.
What are you afraid of, SUCCESS?????????????
Don't wait, Don't hesitate, Don't procrastinate!
THE TOP FOOD FESTIVALS TO FILL YOU UP:
1. VEGAS UNCORK'D
2. BOUNTY OF YAMHILL COUNTY, OREGON
3. MUSIC CITY FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL, NASHVILLE
4. PARK CITY FOOD & WINE CLASSIC
5. FOOD AND WINE CLASSIC, ASPEN, COLO.
6. HAWAII'S FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
7. NEW ORLEANS WINE & FOOD EXPERIENCE
8. ATLANTA FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL
9. BEAVER CREEK FOOD & WINE WEEKEND
10. NEW YORK CITY WINE & FOOD FESTIVAL
Why Just Be a Restaurant? Why Just Be a Nightclub?
Social Media Marketing Maximized is the path to PROFITS, you never ever imagined before.
For Restaurants, it opens so many doors to attracting new Guests, not just for your food or your drink, but for your Nightlife.
For Nightclubs, Branding/Marketing/Periscope/ are for reaching out to a fresh new Customer Base.
The old ways don't work anymore.
Both Restaurants and Nightclubs should feature "Happy Hour", Restaurants, tie in your "Bar Bites", "Small Plates", "Tapas".
Nightclubs, stop thinking you cannot attract the "Happy Hour" demographics.
The reason you don't launch "HAPPIEST HOURS" is because you have no format, no concept, no direction, no guidance, no EXPERTISE.
But you do now.
HERE I AM !!!
"HAPPY HOURS",can't be 3-5pm, won't work 4-6pm, don't make sense 5-7pm.
The new "HAPPIEST HOURS" that are trending triple sales, and double Bar Bites Food Revenue are from 4pm to 9pm strictly @ The Bar ONLY.
Why, Why, Why would you chase out your "HAPPY HOUR CROWD"? Why limit "Happy Hours" to just well drinks, draft beer, and house wines?
Those lame days are gone.
NOW, It's all about "PREMIUM PLUS HAPPY HOURS".
Stop the nickel and dime mentality. That's why your numbers are dwindling.
Your "Happiest Hours" are not working.
The entire Concept of "HAPPY HOUR" has totally, drastically changed for the better.
Attracting a far more quality crowd.
You cannot continue with "well drinks", "draft beer" and "house wines" any longer offered during "HAPPY HOURS"
The other fresh new trend of "Happy Hours" are a very late night format.It's limited Premium, but the focus is on packing bar your bar at the late hours, when your usually winding down.
This is all new to you. You are resistance to change. Your Partner and you are glued at the hip to remain the same.
But look @ your revenue?
Look @ your Guest Count?
Look @ the number of Females that come in for "Happiest Hours"?
Look @ what your pouring?
Look @ the quality of customer you are attracting?
Look @ your Revenue?
Stop losing money, stop letting the bars just down from you be packed,while your empty.
"WORLD OF BEER" OPENS A HUGE BRAND NEW LOCATION, WITH AN OUTSIDE PATIO, JUST ACROSS THE STREET FROM A POPULAR "WINGS HOUSE" WITH BEAUTIFUL SERVERS, AND A SMALL SELECTION OF CRAFT BEERS.
"WORLD OF BEER" HAS A TREMENDOUS SELECTION OF AROUND THE WORLD BEERS, CRAFT BEERS, UNIQUE BEERS, HANDS DOWN THEY HAVE THE BEERS.
THIS "WORLD OF BEER", UNLIKE OTHERS, ADDED FOOD. YES, THEY HAVE A BAR RELATED MENU THAT IS HEALTHY, THEY EVEN PUT "KALE" IN THEIR COLE SLAW.
THEIR BURGERS ARE THE BEST.
"WORLD OF BEER" ALSO NEEDS BEAUTIFUL SERVERS, AND STAFF. TOO MANY JOE SIX PACKS RUIN A BEER BAR.
BUT WHERE "WORLD OF BEER" MADE A MONUMENTAL BRAND BOMB, IS THEY FEATURE LIVE MUSIC, SO FOR THEIR GRAND OPENING THEY HOSTED "HIGHWAY TO HELL" AN AC/DC TRIBUTE BAND.
WHY WOULD YOU FEATURE A HEAVY METAL, PURE BLUE COLLAR MALE ATTRACTING BAND, RATHER THAN A JIMMY BUFFET, "BLUFFET" TRIBUTE BAND THAT IS TROPICAL, FEMALE FRIENDLY, AND FAR MORE INTO THEIR FORMAT?
"WORLD OF BEER" NEEDS TO RETHINK THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING, AS WELL AS THEIR LIVE ENTERTAINMENT BOOKINGS.
LOCAL BANDS ARE MEANINGLESS, THEY PLAY EVERYWHERE.
THEY DON'T NEED LIVE BANDS, THERE ARE SO MANY "WOW FACTORS" THAT AS THE NEW "BEER BAR" IN TOWN, THEY SHOULD BE NEW FROM DECOR, TO FORMAT.
"WORLD OF BEER", YOU HAVE A GREAT CONCEPT, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO FORMAT, LIVE BANDS, DON'T MEAN ANYTHING TO YOUR OVERALL IMAGE, PERCEPTION, AND REVENUE RETURN.
I WOULD HAVE TRIPLED YOUR GRAND OPENING NUMBERS.
AND PLEASE, THINK BEFORE YOU BOOK BANDS THAT DON'T FIT YOUR IMAGE, YOUR ATMOSPHERE, YOUR BRAND.