JANUARY 2016 - YOUR NEW YEAR PROMOLUTIONS!
ONLY CLUB, BAR, SPORTS BARS, GENTLEMEN CLUB, NIGHTCLUB OWNERS, CALL RICH UNGER @ 941-552-9866.
ALL CALLS ARE RECORDED FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE.
BUT AGAIN, ONLY OWNERS, PLEASE.
For over 30 straight Years, I have begun the New Year, with my "Promolutions" that are for YOU,to you make. They will improve your business, they will save you thousands of dollars, they will show you new elements to operate by. YOU HAVE become so complacent, you ignore the obvious, you let your atmosphere just go downhill, you let your staff do as they please, you allow the wrong kind of customer in, watching a bar tv show, is not going to motivate you to "ACT AS IF". You either are going to get off your tuchus and "MAKE IT HAPPEN" or your going to suffer. I don't want you to "FAIL".
My Strategy goes like this " The moment you see a decline in your business, the second you hear a new place that is going to compete with you is coming to your area, YOU EMAIL RichUnger@Promotingnightclubs.com You let the "BIG DOG" out of his Cage.
For your "PROMOLUTIONS", A New Year, and New Resolutions,
so here we go.
1. I will redo my restrooms so that they are sparkling clean, as well as newly improved. No more worn out bathroom fixtures. No more battered floors, you more foul odors.
2. I will take every bottle off the back of my bar, clean the entire back of the bar, the walls, the shelves, the bottles, the bottle pours. I will arrange my bar with "Brands That Pour", and remove brands that I was talked into buying, by liquor salesmen, but nobody even asks for.
From now on, I will tell Southern Wine & Spirits Salespeople, as well as Republic National, and other Liquor Reps, that if you want me to carry a new brand, that your under pressure to sell, you will guarantee that the brand sells, or you will take it back, giving me full credit. ( Yes they can do this, and have done it for large accounts for years)
3. I will remove all beer neons, they are so outdated, why am I displaying antiquated beer neons, it's 2016, I want my bar to be ahead of the times, not behind them.
4. I will replace torn fabric in booths, on chairs, beaten tables, worn out carpet, I don't want this old, beaten down look anymore.
5. I will have my bartenders, all wear a cute uniform, for my Female Staff and a simplistic but stylish shirt and pants for my Male Staff. I will hire more and more female staff, straight out of bartending schools, before they learn all the negative tricks behind the bar.
6. You will replace games, pool tables, darts, that are more of a hindrance, than a Patron Participation Activity.
7. You will feature more and more Craft Beers, both on tap and in the bottle.
8. You will serve food, either arrange an alliance with a food truck, buy an instant "Oven", no grease trap, no chef, no plates, no dishwasher. But I will add tens of thousands of $, by doing what I should have years ago, serve small plates. No Pizza, no typical bar foods, NO MORE.
9.You am going to institute a NO DRINKING WHILE ON THE JOB POLICY. Any Employee who violates, is discharged. No Second Chances. No drinking behind the bar. No Excuses. NONE.
10. You will put in cameras, that nobody has access to, but me, the Owner. I want the eye of the cameras aimed at the cash registers and behind the bar. It's about time I see what goes on, when I am not at my bar.
A. You are going to institute a Dress Code, no slobs, I am not going to "panic @ the Door",letting anyone in, just to get the cover charge.
B. You are not going to host anymore "Ladies Drink Free" Nights. There is not a Lady out there, who cannot use her schmooze, to have a Male Guest, buy her drink, why should I give her free drinks.
C. You are going to have my DJ dress up, no longer use foul language, no longer spin Hip Hop, but rather, I am taking Rich Unger's created "Genre", called "Pop Hop" and have my DJ spin dance music, that's what Clubbers come to do, DANCE.
D. You want my Female Door Hostess to check every ID, I don't want minors, I will have a Wand, that my Male Host, will use to insure no dangerous items, come into my club, as well as search all pocketbooks. I realize times are such, that my Clubbers want to feel "SAFE and SECURE".
E. You will create an "XTREME VIP ADVENTURE", where only a limited number of Clubbers can enjoy the "ULTIMATE" Experience. From an XBOX and SCREEN, to Bottle Service Supreme, to One Server in a Special Outfit, that will provide Exceptional Service.
Clubbers will be surrounded by Stanchions and pay a Premium Price to enjoy this very Sophisticated Space.
F. If Your Club is over 3 years old and has not had a major "INVIGORATION", You will remodel, remake, renew the entire Club, both inside and outside. You realize I am late in renewing my entire atmosphere inside and outside.
G. Instead of hesitating, this New Year, You will act rather than procrastinating on Fresh New Promotions. From Music to Art, From Fashion to Movies, From Television To Social Media, Be the First this year, not last, to Capitalize on these Dynamics of our Culture.
RESTAURANTS WITH A BAR:
1. You will take your Bar and Create a Nightlife Environment,that From early Afternoon till late night, way past your food service hours,is up and running.
2. You will create a "Bar Bites" Menu served in the bar only, that is an enticement, for bar patrons, to taste, to try, to order off your regular menu.
3. You will move tables and chairs, thus PRESTO, you have a dance floor area, regardless of carpet, tile, any floor covering.
4. You won't feature bands, but rather "Troubadours" will perform Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights.
YES, they can perform music to dance by.
5. You will tie in your Restaurant & Bar to celebrate Themes, Holidays, Premier Parties, Post Parties.
6. You will hire more Female Staff for your Bar Area, in fact, it should be totally Female Employees & Management.
7. You will redo your Menu to focus on "Tapas", and Craft Dishes to serve with Craft Beers.
8. You bar will have a "Craft Beer/Craft Cocktail Menu.
It's about time you had a bar menu.
9. You will host a Top Shelf or Call Brand Party once a month.
1. You will always feature Sports on your Screens, but instead of the typical "pitcher of beer & wings", take it to the next level.
"Craft Beers & Wings". Make more money. Attract a next level of Sports Customer.
2. You will not become "Stagnant" when there are no Sports to view. Quite the opposite, you will become a "Sports Club" with dancing, live and DJ Music.
3. You will be above "Hooters", but shadow "Dave & Busters".
Take down all those beer neons NOW.
4. Contact your local "Collector Car Show Director", and host these Challengers, Corvettes, Shelby Mustangs, Firebirds, all the Vintage, but in Mint Condition Vehicles.
5. You will refurbish Chairs, Tables, Bar Tops, Rest Rooms, so that you bring in some "NEWNESS" to a worn out atmosphere.
6. If possible, you will take full advantage of any outside area that you have access to. From Outside Food Prep, to Frozen Drink Service, you will jump on the "Bamboo", and create a "Bar Hut". Way above the rest of the Sports Bars around you.
7. You will dramatically add to your beer selection with both draft and bottle Craft Beers brewed in your State Only.
BOTTOM LINE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE, PROMOTE.
PEOPLE WANT FOOD, FUN, MUSIC, DRINK, CONTESTS.
IT'S ALL ABOUT "SUPERTRENDING". THAT'S HOW YOU TAKE WEDNESDAY,THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAYS, WHEN MONDAY IS A LEGAL HOLIDAY, AND PUT A LINE OUTSIDE TO GET IN.
NEED THE EXPERTISE OF THE BEST IN THIS BUSINESS?
YOU WANT TO SPIN, THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!
I happen t come across your web site through a Google search for club promoters in my area. Your site popped right up! I was reading some of your articles...Very interesting outlook!!! I'm a club DJ from _________. The club where I was resident for 25 years recently shut down. I've been looking into some new spots in my area, and many of the places just don't want to pay the going rate for a DJ. I'm looking to connect with a "Legitimate" promoter who does serious promotions for different venues, and someone who has their act together! That's a whole different story in itself.
To give you a little about my background, I've been spinning since 1980. My area of music is House, Pop Dance (EDM) Latin, and Classics. having the experience in various area's does enable me to handle various crowds.
If you know of any Credible promoters in my area that would like to add a "Professional" club DJ to their roster, please have them contact me. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks, DJ _________
John, I regret the Club you were at for 25 years closed.
But, I don't get it?
If you have been looking for a club gig @ other venues, and they don't pay decent money, why do you think adding a 3rd Party, like a club promoter, who would want a cut, a slice, a piece of your pay, would be a better "GIG SITUATION" for you??????
Perhaps, you change strategies, contact your local Mobile DJs, offer to work for them doing Weddings, Parties, a nice change of pace for you.
On the Club/Bar side, offer to spin for free on a Friday Night, and show em what you mix. Seeing is believing. club promoters are not DJ Booking Agents, they have only one priority, enriching themselves. Why any Club Owner would rely on an outsider, who has no insurance, no license to operate, pays no taxes, has no office, and yet, this person becomes the life line for the club, 99% of the time, adding no business, bringing in the wrong crowd, and creating the worse image, perception, reputation for the club.John, don't expect some so called "club promoter" to book you and give you gigs, that is not what they do or can do. They have no License to Book.
So, John, do what you have never done before, and you might just like it. GOOD LUCK !
Hi Rich, I manage an Independent Seafood Eatery.
We do very well @ Lunch and Dinner.
Recently, my Owner raised the price by $2. from $10 to $12 on our Very Popular "Shrimp Po Boy Sandwich".
No discussion, no opinion taking was done.
We use the basic method of our sandwich should be charged 3 1/2 times it's cost, plus $1 for the side.
We only put 3-4 Shrimp on our Roll, and the shrimp are medium size.
It has met resistance from our Regular Customers, questioning why the increase?
My Owner said it was "his decision, end of discussion".
Rich, there was no logical reason to raise the price.
I am bummed, because as a dedicated Manager, I was never even consulted before raising the price.
Should I just let it go?
Josh, your a Manager, not an Owner. Owners are going to do what they want, often on their own, simply because they can.
Does it make sense, is it good business?
In this case, simply, time will tell.
If sales of this Sandwich start dramatically falling, you will know why.
You are the Manager, you have just been shown where your "Authority" ends.
Are you happy with your job?
Are you doing a "GOOD JOB"?
Are you eating, sleeping and breathing your Job?
Then keep it.
As for the $2 "Po Boy Sandwich" bump, unless the price of "Shrimp" went up abruptly, it was a mistake.
Josh, Take "RED LOBSTER", they offer a delicious "Taco Flight" for $7.99 Monday - Friday, but on Saturdays and Sundays, they bump the price by $1.
Because, they want that extra buck.
I would not raise the price.
Keep it @ $7.99 and do the business.
Don't create a negative for your regulars, by bumping the "Tacos" by $1.
Unfortunately, Greed comes in.
"Golden Gate Capital" an Investment firm, paid $2.1 Billion for "Red Lobster", perhaps they feel that $1 bump, will generate more of their purchase price back in revenue?
I think when an Investment Firm, enters the Food & Beverage Business, you see an Ownership that wants a fast "ROI".
Many "Red Lobster" interiors are outdated.
But, there is no "Hurry Up" program to remodel.
So, "Red Lobster", continues to tweak here and there within the format, but NO Overall, Massive, Makeover is on the horizon.
The "Nickel and Dime" approach to the $1 increase of the "Taco Flight" is not an answer.
"Red Lobster" ran a massive TV Campaign along with a Social Media Blitz, "All The Shrimp You can Eat".
BUT.......................the shrimp shown on the TV SPOT and on Social Media, was twice the size of the tiny shrimp that "Red Lobster" actually served.
It was a disaster.
it's just reflective of new Ownership that is listening to many voices, and throwing "Darts @ The Board".
2016 will tell the Seafood Success,or Failure of "RED LOBSTER".
IMAGINE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF UNDERAGE AND OF LEGAL AGE, CLUBBERS, NOT CLUBBING, EXACTLY, BUT VIEWING WHAT IS GOING ON IN CLUBS, LIVE, AS IT HAPPENS?
THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, AND WHAT YOUR CLUB SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTING.
READ THIS LINK:
FOR EVERY $1 YOU SPEND ON RADIO, ON SOCIAL MEDIA, WHICH YOU SHOULD BE "SUPERTRENDING", ON NEWSPAPER ADS, ON GENERIC ENTERTAINMENT GUIDES THAT ARE FREE, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEE A $10 RETURN.
IF YOUR SPENDING, WRITING CHECKS TO AD SALESPEOPLE, THEN WATCHING YOUR AD RUN, AND YOUR NOT SEEING ANY VIABLE RETURN,STOP.
DO NOT CONTINUE TO SPEND AND NOT WIN.
DO NOT CONTINUE TO LISTEN TO AD SALESPEOPLE WHO ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF YOU.
DO NOT CONTINUE TO WRITE CHECKS, PAY CASH, AND SEE NOBODY COME IN. NOBODY SPEND. NO REACTION AT ALL.
EMAIL RichUnger@promotingnightclubs.com for VIABLE RESULTS FROM MEDIA THAT YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND, COMPREHEND HOW IT WORKS FOR YOU, AND NOT AGAINST YOU.
HAPPY, HEALTHY, SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR !
These are "The Money Month$", if your not packed, if you don't have A 60%-70% Women Crowd @ Night, you have SERIOUS PROBLEMS.
It's Time to Wake Up.
It's Time to make $erious Money.
This is your Time.