MY CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!
Without naming the clubs, I would like to wish the following for some of
the hundreds of clubs, bars, restaurants and
lounges that contact me Monthly.
1. I wish a club that is doing wet T-shirt contests, oil wrestling and
same girl kissing contests, would realize why Women are not patronizing
their club and don't ask me to do the impossible?
2. I wish a club that laid over and played dead and let their competition
Bury them, wake up to this fact and not ask me to make it all a bad dream.
3. I wish the club that spends $3000 a Month on radio and knows it is not
working, not cry to me, but rather cancel the radio buys, and wake up.
Nobody is listening anymore; can you say
4. I wish the club that is in a time warp and refuses to adjust their
format and music to the times would stop begging me to help them play
catch up. If they are not willing to accept
change, how can I make it happen?
5. I wish a club that has a partner who is giving away free drinks and
hitting on his own employees would just walk away from the club
and be a silent partner and let it breathe and
operate with the right partner running it, making it money by Being a
businessman and not a wannabe.
6. I wish the restaurant owner that has night life after he stops serving
food, would realize the money is in the liquor and not the food, and take
the club aspect seriously by focusing on packing it, not to be content
with a third of a house crowd.
7. I wish the Manager who came to the club six years after it was "THE HOT
SPOT" and cleaned out the trash patrons, would just quit, because the
Owner is in a Mushroom cloud of denial.
8. I wish the club that is featuring a different cheap drink every night
they are open would wake up and realize they are not making any money and
the key In this business is not to join 'em, but
break away from the discounting.
9. I wish the clubs who invite 18 to 20 year old girls in and no young Men
of the same age, would stop exploiting these underage girls.
They can't drink and further stop disrespecting
our Men in uniform who are dying at the age of 18 to defend this Country
against Terrorism. These are what I call the "bastard
exploiting pig Owners," who I hope go out of
business. If you can't make money attracting the legal drinking age
Patrons in your area, then you should go mow lawns for a living or shovel
10. I wish the club that has no cover charge for special events and
doesn't understand why they are not making money, would realize the bar
cannot sustain the entire overhead and stop telling me it can.
11. I wish the Club that keeps bringing in expensive well known DJs would
stop wasting their money, because it doesn't matter who spins.
It matters if the dance floor is packed or not,
and yet they keep wasting money bringing in these ego driven spinners and
not making a dime, asking me why?
12. I wish the club whose manager just got hit
in the head by a beer bottle, would realize they are attracting the trash,
not the class, and they have a horrible
reputation, but refuse to listen to logic and reason.
13. I wish the Club that allows its manager to do drugs and looks the
other way, would stop asking me what to do and do what I said, "FIRE THE
MANAGER NOW." The
graveyards are full of indispensable Managers.
14. I wish the club that has nothing but a different format of live music
every night would stop asking me why they are not generating new faces and
more revenue, because live music every single night is a losing format.
15. I wish the "Ultra Lounge" with 101 Martinis who can't understand why
they are always slow, would listen to what I said and comprehend it's more
than just having all those Martinis, where is "THE FUN"?
16. I wish the Club Owner who told me he refuses to honor and accept
credit cards would stop being such a dinosaur and get with the times.
17. I wish the Club Owner who asked me what to do about his rude and
obnoxious Security Staff had fired them all.
18.I wish the Club that allows its bar manager to buy liquor just to
appease the liquor salesman and end up with unnecessary inventory and
worthless products, would have taken my advice
and simply ordered what sold and what poured and not what the liquor
salesman pushed to get in the door.
19. I wish the Club that had 20,000 flyers printed up and paid a street
team to distribute them with just ten people showing up for the actual
event, would have taken my advice and stopped wasting their money.
20. I wish the Club that has all those posters, signs and banners with
drink specials hung all over their club would have heeded my words,
"TAKE THAT GARBAGE DOWN" now, would have done so.
21.I wish the Club that has not improved its outside appearance in years,
would have followed my expertise in a complete re-visual of what their
outside image was and what it should be now.
22. I wish the Owner of the Club that has only one good night a Week,
Saturday Night, would stop asking every friend
of his, every club promoter in his area, and everybody from his mailman to
his plumber what to do, and listen to what I told him.
23. Finally, I wish every Beer Distributor in the Country were like John
Saputo of Gold Coast Eagle, the Budweiser Vendor for Sarasota/Manatee
Counties in Florida. The
Man is the most dedicated and committed to his on-premise establishments
Beer Man in the USA. His Staff and his own character, morals and values,
are what makes "BUDWEISER" the dominating beer in his area by 1000 to
1 over any other brand. He walks the walks.....
So Happy Holidays and hopefully my wishes will come true, not for me, but
for Clubs and Owners who just have no clue. Call
Rich Unger at 941-921-7027 or e-mail