HAPPY NEW PROMOTIONS
By Rich Unger
It's 2005 and your Club had better come alive!!!!!!
I had a Club Owner call me this past Week, a new club twice as big as his,
opened and stole his Thursday Nights.
I mean emptied out his club.
Now they are going to clean out his Fridays and Saturdays, I asked him
"what did you do to circumvent and stop this new club's thunder"?
He replied "Nothing, except drop my cover to no cover and lower my drink
prices ." I asked "How did that work ?[ Knowing already it didn't)
He replied "It didn't."
Of course it didn't and he is still doing nothing to change what he and
his Brother have built up for 20 years, he said to me "You don't like Club
Owners do you"? I replied "I like Club Owners I have zero confidence in
their ability to do anything but offer cheap drinks and drop the cover
look at you, case in point."
Now, enough of this poor Soul in New Hampshire who is dying a slow death
and he and his Brother are just standing there doing nothing but "panic
promoting" while this new dance club eats them alive.
Anyway, Here are Richie's NEW PROMOLUTIONS for 2005
1. I will never lower my drink prices to combat my competition
2. I will never drop my cover to counter my competition
3. I will never panic promote and change formats to improve business
without a "GAME PLAN."
4. I will never listen to radio salespeople.
5. I will never buy thirty second radio spots
6. I will never use flyers
7. I will never let minors in simply to collect their door charge and then
worry about them trying to get a drink all night and risk my liquor
8. I will never open every night of the week and just stand there with an
empty bar, just to be open.
9. I will never close every single night of the week, except, Fridays and
Saturday Nights, because I can't create Promotions to be open Wed. and
10. I will never let liquor companies simply hand out samples of their
product and then accept a free bottle for what I lost in revenue.
11. I will never ignore the fact I am losing patrons and need to regroup
look to "THE BEST OF THE BEST" to stop the loss of business and make me
King Of The Hill" again !
12. I will never work with a "Club Promoter," If
I can't promote my own Club or use someone in my employment I will get out
of this business.
13. I will never simply offer my patrons a DJ, a dance floor, lights,
sound and expect them to accept this as all there is.
14. I will never let someone who does not know what they are doing do
anything for my club.
15. I will stop arguing with my Partners who talked me into opening this
Club and try everything but pay patrons to come in, but rather listen,
learn and let the "Best Of The Best" pack our Club.
16. I will never again let any other club, bar, or any competition pose a
threat to my Club, without fighting back and sucking the oxygen out of
17. I will never spend money on such foolish expenditures that are a waste
of money and in no way shape or form can make me money, help my club or
bring in patrons.
18. I will not tolerate slobs, foul mouth and drug using employees.
19 I will not tolerate slobs, foul mouth, drug dealing patrons.
20. I will run my Club as "THE FUN" Club packed with PROMOTIONS, THEMES,
CONCEPTS, CONTESTS, EVENTS, PARTIES, GATHERINGS, and HAPPENINGS that do
not ever offer any kind of drink special or reduced cover charge.
Those are your 20 PROMOLUTIONS if you can't operate by them alone, then
call me, but please don't waste my time, either you want me to pack your
club or like the two Brothers in New Hampshire, you want to simply hand
over night by night to your competition.
The Choice is Yours!
Happy New Promotions!
Call me at 1-941-921-7027 or email: